Director of Product Marketing (Austin, TX)
Inference is a fast growing SaaS tech startup helping enterprises automate their customer communications using advanced AI and speech interaction technology.
Our Government, Fortune 500 and small to large enterprise customers trust and rely on Inference Virtual Agents to automate transactions, support live agents and handle millions of conversations globally across phone, text and web.
We are looking for a talented individual to drive our product marketing initiatives through our channel partners (typically Tier-1, Tier-2 and Tier-3 telecommunication carriers but also business process outsourcing and shared services companies). Currently there are more than 30 partners located in the USA, Canada, Australia and the UK. The individual also has the opportunity to help create a focused direct channel for the company.
We have a great opportunity for an experienced product marketer with 8+ years experience to join the executive team in a strategic leadership role. This role will report directly to the CEO.
This is an exceptional opportunity to help define the product and competitive positioning, messaging and go to market strategy for an emerging and transformative category and be a driving force at the forefront of customer experience innovation. This role is incredibly important to Inference – we’re confident in our ability to differentiate ourselves through technology and want to be able to do the same through our brand, voice, content and outreach.
As the Director of Product Marketing, you will collaborate with our sales, product, and customer success teams to deliver effective messaging primarily to our channel partners and agents, and also to direct prospects and existing customers.
• Messaging & Positioning: Develop product positioning and messaging for both channel acquisition and end customers. Positioning and messaging must support our growth in channel expansion, and channel effectiveness. Our ideal candidate will be able to quickly establish consistent and clear messaging that speaks to how we address our partner's pain points, set up, measure and iterate across a range of acquisition channels, and consistently demonstrate monthly growth in qualified service provider leads. In turn, the messaging and positioning must be both directly useable by, and support channel product marketing
• Go to market product launches: Plan and implement the strategy for new Inference product launches, collaborating with sales, customer success and the company’s leadership team to ensure well-coordinated execution. Help plan and support partner go-to-market development as part of our partner onboarding and maturity development program.
• Sales enablement: Communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of your products including creating content, assets, and tools such as sales presentations, ROI tools, pitch decks, demos, competitive briefs and other materials. Create materials useable by both Inference and channel sales staff.
• Marketing content: support channel and direct demand generation and content marketing campaigns with content that speaks to each target vertical and persona. Create content (datasheets, case studies, blogs, content for websites), lead the development of tech white papers, and publish broadly.
• Market intelligence: be the expert on our customers in each segment, how they buy and their buying criteria, and how our channels address these customers; use this knowledge to inform product messaging, brand differentiation, marketing content and sales training. Drive awareness and understanding of the value proposition of Inference’s product through multi-channel campaigns, from strategy to execution.
• Competitive Intelligence and Analysis: Establish the competitive intel core competency and be the “go to” expert on how to crush the competition and how to win. Exercise a data-centric approach to gather customer/user insights and use data to improve future marketing campaigns and results.
We're building a talented but humble team where everyone has the opportunity to have immediate impact. You will also help form the cultural foundation of the Inference Solutions team. If this sounds like your kind of challenge, we want to hear from you!
Comprehensive health, medical, dental, vision insurance for you and your dependents (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents).
Flexible vacation policy
Awesome team that cares about Inference's mission, product and co-workers!
Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing start-up
Qualifications / Requirements
5+ years B2B marketing experience, with minimum 3 years in a product marketing role. Have developed the positioning and messaging for products that serve multiple use cases and personas
Appreciation for the complexity of channel sales models and a strong willingness to learn
Proven ability to deliver content – including presentations, datasheets, white papers, blog posts, web content, etc.
Excellent listening, oral and written communication/presentation skills
Domain expertise in call centers or telecommunications.
Strong analytical skills, and proven track record in making data-driven decisions to continually optimize performance and determine future investments.
BA/BS degree preferably in a quantitative discipline
A track record of building and cultivating high-performing teams.
Exceptional communication and collaboration skills, both at the executive level and with peers and cross-functional teams. Can clearly articulate ideas, frame problems, and offer solutions. Ability to generate strong external and internal relationships
Previous experience interacting with and presenting to C-level executives
Accountable, proactive and thoughtful with high attention to detail and strategic problem-solving skills
Proven ability to run complex processes, navigate organizations, and lead meetings effectively and efficiently
Willingness to travel approximately 15%
“High-horsepower” thinker – “High Execution” doer
Your first 90 days
Be the voice of the channel and market across the organization.
Go deep into our qualitative research to understand what content is important in the funnel and how to personalize it.
Generate data-driven hypotheses for improving performance in our channels, then turn your top priorities into campaigns.
Report results and insights to the senior management.
Develop a strategic framework for all performance channels, use this to propose which channel to experiment in next.
Participate in defining the strategy for our direct go-to-market
Inference is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in diversity and inclusion as a strength. This is a full-time salaried position with comprehensive benefits.
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org